Until 2021 VIRTUE was a school project conducted in Sweden in collaboration between the Department for Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Gothenburg and the Maritime Museum and Aquarium in Gothenburg.
From 2021 VIRTUE is run by Gothenburg Marine Biological Laboratory, in cooperation with University of Gothenburg.
Supported by co-funding from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union in the framework of the VIRTUE-s project between 2017 and 2020, the cooperation could be extended to development work is being carried out through the VIRTUE-s project.
- University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research, Kiel, Germany
- SUBMON Association, Barcelona, Spain
- University of Maryland Centre for Environmental Sciences / Maryland Sea Grant, Cambridge, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Högskolan Väst, Trollhättan, Sweden
- Öckerö Seglande Gymnasieskola, Öckerö, Sweden
- Daina Isard, Cooperativa d'Ensenyament, Barcelona Spain
- Hebbelschule, Kiel, Germany