For now, only Swedish schools can order kits for VIRTUE racks.
In the future, we hope to establish VIRTUE hubs abroad that will be able to provide teachers in their country with VIRTUE kits free of charge.
If you need more information, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rack is built by placing a pair of CD-shaped plastic discs back-to-back (composed of 3 mm PET-G or acrylic plastic) with fixed distances of 10 cm between each pair. We recommend using 5 sets of discs per rack. When the discs are retrieved out of the water, it is easy to examine the upper and lower sides because it consists of two separate discs. You can also use acrylic plastic instead of PET-G, but acrylic is not as durable as PET-G.
The discs and pipes can and shall be cleaned and re-used!
Cleaning instructions (pdf)
Supplies for 4 VIRTUE discs:
- 4 x 10 transparent plastic discs (with a center hole)
- 1 Electrical installation pipe with outer diameter of 10-12 mm (length is usually 300 cm if you buy in electrical stores)
- 1 Electrical installation pipe with outer diameter of about 16 mm (length is usually 300 cm if you buy in electrical stores)
- 8 pcs of cable tie (available in hardware stores)
- 1 white, plastic sign (cut from a pstic sheet)
- Rope (syntetic 4-5 mm, enough length for the specific place) and weights (could be almost anything).
How to mount a VIRTUE rack:
A plastic sign should be fastened on each rack. Use any white, durable plastic sheet, cut into square signs and drill a hole for the rope. The sign must be fastened well above the water surface.
Enter contact information, date, location and "ID number" for the rack.
Use a pencil (preferably hardness 2B or 3B) - pencils adhere best on plastic surfaces and the text is easy to remove.
The QR code above is linked to www.virtue-s.eu (English version)